Amid ongoing concern about the Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19), the Haitian American Nurses Association of Florida, Inc. (HANA)’s priority is the health, safety, and well-being of our members, colleagues, friends, and family. We understand the concern and uncertainty you may have at this time. We are monitoring this evolving situation and are following official guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) along with other health officials.
In response to the COVID 19 pandemic, HANA will postpone all events and activities scheduled for the month of March. This includes our scheduled health fair participation, monthly members and colleagues meeting, advisory board meeting, and scholarship interviews. We will provide updates as new information are communicated.
Protect yourself by following these preventative measures.
- Stay home when you are sick
- Avoid contact with people who are sick
- Avoid crowds.
- Keeping a distance of approximately 6 feet from others in crowds.
- Wash hands often with soap and water for 20 seconds or longer
- Dry hands with a clean towel/paper towel.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, or mouth with unwashed hands or after touching any surface.
- Cover your mouth with a tissue or sleeve when coughing or sneezing
- Clean and disinfect “high touch” surfaces often
- Call before visiting your doctor
For more information regarding COVID 19, please visit the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s or World Health Organization’s (WHO) website.